If you’ve been looking for a solution to restore youthful volume to the skin, then dermal fillers from Schaumburg Dermatology may be the right choice for you. This popular cosmetic procedure provides natural-looking results to areas that lack fullness.
Our dermal fillers of choice are from the Juvederm and Restylane product families. These fillers are hyaluronic acid (HA) – based injectable gels that improve the appearance of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles to help restore more youthful contours to the face. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the skin that binds and absorbs water, and is plentiful in young skin. Aging and UV rays from the sun reduce the amount of HA we produce causing the skin to lose structure and volume resulting in deep folds and wrinkles. Juvederm and Restylane dermal fillers diminish the appearance of these deep folds and wrinkles by restoring HA to the skin.
Before moving forward with treatment, it’s important to receive an assessment by a Cosmetic Provider to determine if dermal fillers are the right solution for you. During your personal Cosmetic Consultation you will learn how dermal fillers work, and what to expect during and after treatment. In addition to the assessment, you will receive a complete treatment plan and skincare regimen tailored to your skin type and goals.
For Facial Rejuvenation
Cheeks – add volume to create a “lift”
Nasolabial Folds, commonly know as laugh lines or smile lines, the two skin folds that run from the bottom corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
Marionette Lines appear around the mouth and chin, generally from the corners of the mouth to the bottom of the chin
Lips – shape lips and create more volume
Temples – fill-in sunken temples
Eye Troughs – under eye areas that are sunken-in and appear dark due to shadowing
For Hand Rejuvenation
About the Procedure
Dermal fillers at Schaumburg Dermatology are provided in a relaxed and comfortable environment. Here’s how it works:
- Prep: The Provider will discuss what to expect during your visit, and explain where the injection sites will be to achieve your desired results.
- Cleaning and Numbing: Next, the treatment areas will be cleaned with an antibacterial solution. Even though the dermal fillers we use have Lidocaine anesthetic in the product, a topical anesthetic will also be applied prior to treatment for added comfort. If you have an allergy to Lidocaine please inform us in advance of your appointment. Dermal fillers are available without lidocaine, and can be specially ordered for you.
- Injections: The Provider will then inject the appropriate areas, which will take only a few minutes in total. For clients receiving a full liquid lift, the injection time will increase.
- Afterwards: After the treatment, your Provider will clean the skin and provide you with an icepack to help with any minor discomfort you might feel. You are also welcome to enjoy our relaxation room during your visit. Mild to moderate swelling and or bruising may occur, which can last several days, so it is best to schedule your treatment at least two weeks prior to any events.
- Follow Up: A complimentary followup appointment is required two weeks after receiving a dermal filler injection, which will include photos taken of the treatment areas. This appointment is important to assess the outcome and determine if additional product will be needed to enhance results. Although there is no charge for seeing the Provider during the followup visit, if a touch-up is recommended, you will be charged accordingly for the product.
Take the Next Step Toward Fast and Optimal Results
If you live or work near Schaumburg or the surrounding Chicagoland area, and If you’re interested in learning more about dermal fillers, simply give us a call at 847-534-0700 or complete our online appointment form to request an appointment. Dermal filler pricing varies based upon treatment location, amount of product required, and various other factors. Schedule a Cosmetic Consultation to receive your personal assessment and dermal filler treatment fee. We look forward to meeting with you soon!