Most of us know that we should avoid too much sunlight, but you’d be surprised by how many skin-damaging habits most of us are unaware we have. Learn about the top 10 easiest skin care mistakes to make, and then schedule a consultation with the professionals at Schaumburg Dermatology who can help you develop an ideal plan for your skin.
10 Common Skin Care Mistakes
Here are some of the most common skin care mistakes we make:
- Over Exfoliating. Two or three times a week is plenty to keep your skin healthy. More than that, and you risk damage and premature aging.
- Improper Cleansing. Removing make-up before bed with a gentle cleanser followed by a gentle astringent that contains antioxidants, salicylic acid, or witch hazel, will clean your pores and leave your skin refreshed.
- Poor Moisturizing Habits. Not using a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more, avoiding moisturizer if you have oily skin, and using your moisturizing products in the wrong order can leave your skin open to damage and prevent products from doing their job.
- Picking at Breakouts. Digging at pimples will not only leave unsightly scabs behind, it can drive the infection deeper and take longer to clear.
- Using Dirty Applicators. Keeping brushes and applicators clean will ensure that you aren’t caking old, dirty makeup onto your clean face, which can cause breakouts.
- Pull Your Hair Back. To prevent breakouts around the perimeter of your face and under your bangs, pull your hair up and pin it back before bed.
- Clean Your Bedding. Changing your pillowcase at least once a week will remove the oil, skin cells, and product build-up that can lead to break-outs.
- Get Some Rest. Fatigued skin can be dull, dry, and lack radiance. Lack of sleep can also lead to under eye circles. For a bright, healthy complexion get plenty of rest.
Why Choose Schaumburg Dermatology?
Our knowledgeable staff can help you to avoid these common skin care mistakes so that you can enjoy radiant, youthful skin all year round. Schedule an appointment to speak to one of our many skin care professionals for an evaluation of your skin’s needs, so that we may pair you with the right products to restore and rejuvenate your skin’s appearance.
Avoid These Common Skin Care Mistakes and Enjoy Fresh Radiant Skin with the Help of Schaumburg Dermatology
Avoid common skin care mistakes. Contact Schaumburg Dermatology at (847) 534-0700 to schedule a consultation and learn which products are right for you. Our offices are located at 911 North Plum Grove Road in Schaumburg, IL in the Woodfield Lake Office Court, not far from the Sonesta Suites.